POSITION TITLE: Energy Analyst
ArchEcology, a respected small LEED Consulting Business recognized by the USGBC as a Proven Provider is looking for an Energy Engineer/Energy Modeler. This position will provide energy modeling services to green building projects seeking design guidance, energy code compliance and LEED certification. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Energy modeling using Equest or EnergyPlus per ASHRAE 90.1 and state and local energy codes.
- Analysis of interior and exterior lighting power density and lighting controls.
- Analysis of building envelope systems.
- Analysis and optimization of mechanical systems.
- Research and evaluation of energy code issues.
- Drafting reports and compiling documentation for client review, LEED documentation and energy code submissions.
- Interface with a wide range of internal and external resources including clients, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- B. ARCH, B.S. or B.A. in architecture, building science, sustainable design, or mechanical engineering, or the foreign degree equivalent;
- M.S. in architecture, building science, sustainable design, or mechanical engineering, or the foreign degree equivalent, including experience using REVIT, eQuest, and EnergyPlus software;
- 3 years professional experience in consulting for green building projects with specific knowledge of thermal envelope systems and direct experience performing whole building energy simulations per ASHRAE Appendix G or LEED-Homes standard; using eQuest, DesignBuilder, and EnergyPlus software; using WUFI for hygrothermal performance evaluation; and working on a multi-disciplinary team;
- LEED GA or AP accreditation; and,
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information via conference presentations or journal articles on green building related topics.
Full Time in Seattle, Washington. Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.